Navigation menu

Turn on more accessible mode.

Divorce Records

Turn off more accessible mode. Sandner Chief Deputy Clerk. Applying for a Marriage License Page Content. Timelines and restrictions Marriage licenses are: effective only in Kane County issued while you wait effective the following calendar day after they are issued valid for 60 days Eligibility Under Illinois law, only eligible persons can marry.

Couples must: be 18 years of age or older not be blood relatives Individuals who reside out of state may not apply for a marriage license in Illinois if such a marriage would not be legal in their home state.

Cook County (IL) Vital Records | Order Certificates - VitalChek

Not enter into a marriage prior to dissolution of a marriage or civil union or substantially similar legal relationship Exceptions Under state law, first cousins older than 50 years of age may marry. Under state law, applicants who are 16 and 17 years old may obtain a marriage license with parental consent. Drainage studies. Encroachment permits.

FEMA elevation certificates. Land use applications. Land use documents.

Offsite improvement plans. Subdivision maps. Subdivision maps and lists.

Upcoming Events

Traffic study and civil records. Voter registration records. Zoning applications.

Identification: Current Photo ID is required for both parties. Non-residents must comply with the requirements of their respective states. Non-residents requiring consent of parents or legal guardian must obtain a consent sworn to before the County Clerk or a Notary Public. Certified copies of the completed Marriage License may be ordered and pre-paid at the time the license is issued. Marriage Certificates are mailed once the completed license is returned to the County Clerks office. Both parties must have attained the age of 18 years at the time the civil union license is effective or will have attained the age of 16 years and have either the consent to the civil union of both parents or their guardian or judicial approval.

Search form

Identification: Photo ID is required for both parties. Non-residents must comply with the requirements of their respective states and must be free to enter into a civil union in the jurisdiction where they reside. VitalChek can be reached through its website www. Please enable JavaScript in your browser for a better user experience. Apply For